Since your phone holds so much information about you, your family, and the people you love, you want to protect it from malware or criminals.
The digital security of your phone is even more critical when your mobile device contains financial details about you and the client for whom you work.
A good antivirus for android can do the job. The best one will remove malware, enhance privacy, and provide an anti-theft feature.
We have selected five antiviruses for androids to give you all these and more.
What to look for in android antivirus
These are the things you should check out before you make a choice.
Anti-phishing or web attack protection
Phishing attacks are some of the most popular channels cybercriminals leverage to compromise your android phone.
You need a robust antivirus solution that can detect and shut off phishing attacks – deploying multiple security layers that the hacker would struggle through.
Ease of use
Aside from the functionality, you want an Android antivirus app that is seamless to use.
For the best experience, go for an android antivirus app that is easy to set up –even for users with minimal technical experience.
It is also helpful if the app has intuitive settings (especially the enhanced features) so that you can maximize its functionality on the fly.
Although good things come at a price, it’s important to compare your options concerning how much you need to pay.
For example, some antivirus requires payment for extra features, and you should know this before choosing them.
The good thing is we have done the homework for you.
5 Best Antivirus for Android
We thoroughly investigated the best android antivirus solutions in the market. Here are the top five –and why.
Bitdefender comes at the top in terms of protection against malware. First, you get your device secured or protected with a single app.
After installation, you can initiate maximum security from the antivirus central online console. You can remotely wipe, lock, locate, and protect your device in a few clicks.
After testing and reviewing Bitdefender, we got a perfect score for many of its features.
- Protect your device swiftly. You can capture a photo of someone trying to steal your phone.
- The antivirus warns you of malicious website links. In addition, the scam alert flags are always ready to warn you of text and apps you should avoid.
- You can manage your device remotely online using Bitdefender central online console. Use it to manage passwords, recover a lost phone or protect your data.
- The account Privacy feature prevents data breaches, while scam alerts secure your phone from harmful texts and links.
- This is an award-winning antivirus.
- This is excellent for android. Although it works on other operating devices, iOS users might have limited benefits from its features.
- Before you can use the full feature of the VPN, you have to pay a little more.
We recommend getting the Norton 360 Deluxe, which has updated features. Its web protection and malicious website detection are top of the class.
- Tested and scored excellently for detecting and removing malicious website links.
- It protects or warns you before downloading dangerous apps, even on the play store.
- It has a VPN with unlimited bandwidth.
- It scans, protects, and warns of potential threats when using Wi-Fi hotspots.
- You can use Norton on several operating systems. It works well for Android, Windows, iOS, and macOS.
- The version doesn’t have parental control.
McAfee AntiVirus Plus
McAfee gets on our list because it’s our favorite in anti-theft and protection. It can also help you find lost devices.
For instance, you can find a missing phone on a map and make it sound an alarm if it’s in the local area.
Additionally, you can remotely lock the device, wipe out the data, and lock sensitive apps with McAfee.
In terms of cost, a single subscription lets you use it on every Windows, iOS, Android, and macOS you own.
- It has Guest Mode features (a little better than parental control) which lets you give your phones to friends, family, or a child.
- Remove junk files, free unused memory, and identify battery-hog apps.
- It has a virus protection pledge.
- It informs you when you are trying to connect to harmful Wi-Fi.
- It’s excellent for android, but other operating devices might not enjoy the full benefits of its features.
The antivirus got a maximum score when tested by experts at AV-comparatives and AV-test. It quickly detects malware, phishing links, or pages.
While installing, it could be a little longer because this comes with a configuration process that explains its many features.
With this antivirus, you can change your pin, locate your android phone, and protect it if it’s not password-protected.
In addition, it can take pictures of someone trying and failing to unlock your phone.
- It checks for security every time you log in or connect to a sensitive website.
- The System Turner speeds up your device performance.
- In terms of the number of features, this scored a lot of points
- Parental control needs improvement if you compare it to others on the list.
AVG Internet Security
The AVG internet security has anti-theft features and does more than the basics when protecting your device from malware. Experts have repeatedly tested its critical components (such as detecting malware hosting pages and phishing attempts) and found it performed well.
With the app, you can locate your lost device, wipe its data or lock it. You can remotely listen to your device, take pictures with its camera or download your phone data before you wipe it.
- It’s one app for anti-theft, data, and phishing protection.
- The interface is quite impressive.
- Overall improves your device performance by boosting RAM and idle tasks or wiping out junk.
- It’s pretty expensive for one device.
Here you go! These are some of the best android antivirus solutions you can depend on to fortify your phone against marauding cyber vandals.