Tipes

Harmful Effects of Household Mould on Skin

Harmful Effects Household Mould

Harmful Effects of Household Mould on Skin. The term “mould” can make a person cringe, and if you have witnessed the outbreak of mould in your homes, you must despise it. You may consider it just a type of fungi that thrives in damp and poorly ventilated environments, but it is much more than that. Mould infections generally grow on the skin. However, the spores of black mould that may remain suspended in the air can be easily inhaled, and can lead to several profound mould-related health illnesses and skin allergies.

Moreover, people who are more sensitive to the effects of mould, such as infants and children, the elderly, people with chronic lung diseases, and weak immune systems, may also experience diseases like AIDS, cancer, chemotherapy, or other liver diseases mould exposure.

Athletics’ foot

It is the most common skin infection caused by a fungal or bacterial infection. But when exposed to mould, this skin condition can become complicated. Suspended mould spores can enter your broken skin and further increase infection complications, making your skin dry and itchy. The infected nail can eventually become discoloured, thickened, and may even damage and fall off entirely.

This condition is quite challenging to treat with currently available medications. The existing treatment requires constant supervision of the infection for longer courses or in combination with other topical and oral antifungal agents, for best results.

Mould rash

A rash triggered by a mould reaction often resembles other types of rashes caused by different allergic reactions. However, the common symptoms of mould rashes are-

  • Dry and scaly skin
  • Raw and sensitive skin
  • Brown or pink skin
  • Itchiness
  • Small bumps that may leak fluid
READ  Unsure of How To Use IGTV For Your Marketing Needs? Here's a Detailed Guide

So, if you have a mould rash clinically diagnosed, you must get rid of the mould to prevent further reactions. Various medications and even home remedies are available to treat it, like applying aloe Vera, taking an oatmeal bath, and applying a cold compress to reduce itchiness and swelling.

Sporotrichosis

Sporotrichosis is a skin infection caused by mould exposure, especially the kind of mould that may grow on your leftover food and bread. Mould spores are the disease carriers that can often contact the skin through any of the means. However, when these suspended mould spores enter the skin, it may take months for the disease to develop, making it quite difficult to detect early.

Its first symptom includes the formation of a hard nodule on the skin, which may be pink or purple in colour. If left untreated for long, the nodule can ulcerate and drain for years, leading to serious health issues.

Sporotrichosis

Conclusion

Most of us often tend to ignore the presence of mould in our homes. Thus, continuous exposure to mould can sometimes have serious health consequences, especially for people who are sensitive to fungi.

Therefore, it is crucial that you get rid of mould as soon as you detect it by calling a professional mould removal company and taking simple measures like keeping your house clean and properly ventilated.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Read previous post:
Powerful Adaptogens Balance HormonesBalance Hormones
Some Powerful Adaptogens to Balance Hormones

Some Powerful Adaptogens to Balance Hormones. Hormone health tends to remain largely ignored, and imbalanced hormones can pose serious health...

Close