Videos have been an essential medium for advertisers over the last few years. They are one of the most successful tools to engage with the viewers because a vast array of knowledge can be conveyed through them. A recent study reveals that videos became the number one investment priority for marketers in 2019. Today, technology has rendered the production of video inexpensive and the dissemination of it is successful in ensuring a return on investment for corporations. Also, this is the time when many YouTube movie makers are emerging as successful individuals. However, some miss out on the opportunity owing to inexperience or lack of knowledge. A professional video making practice can surely help them. Let’s check out a few tips for making professional looking videos and getting the best results from your professional video.
1) Write a script – Creating a script for your video can be a great way to make sure you deliver relevant material to your viewers that they can enjoy and remember. If you miss this point, you’ll find yourself editing more than you should, posting a video longer than it should be, and potentially losing your audience along the way. Send your script to a few people for feedback and create crisp content that etches in the minds of viewers.
2) Use clean/white backgrounds – Be careful about the experience you’re using for filming. Nothing seems to be less professional than a confusing or distracting background. Using a solid-coloured backdrop is one simple way to get a professional look for your video. Few other good examples are a wall, a bedsheet, or a large sheet of backdrop paper. Often, recording a video in a “professional” atmosphere is a smart idea: the location you are currently working or spending time in. Ensure the subject is standing a few feet away from the background to avoid casting shadows.
3) Use more lights – Make light one of your top filming priorities as it makes a massive difference in the appearance of completed professional footage. When you’re not using adequate light with the right placement, your video can look amateurish, although it might be great in some other way. Try making videos in the morning or evening when the light is softer. The usage of a single light source creates more shadows in your video. Consider the effect you want to establish in your fully completed video before you set up your light sources. Would you like your subject’s face to be illuminated entirely (“soft” or “flat” light), or you want certain shadows (“hard” light)?
4) Stability and focus – Holding the camera still, and maintaining its focus are the two major requirements to make a great professional video (many of them lack this). Most of the cameras and phones have built-in image stabilization. This helps you stabilize your video, but you need to understand its shortcomings. It works best when you still keep the camera to start — shooting while walking can easily lead to unnecessary camera shaking. Once the camera is set up, try not to move it unless absolutely necessary. Unnecessary panning will ruin the professional look of a video.
5) Experiment with a Variety of Angles – Cutting from one perspective to the other is a safe and easy way to bring visual appeal to your professional footage. Rather than capturing everything at eye level from one position, consider taking a larger shot and then getting closer to your subject. After that, edit both of the shots together. A quick tip – if you change your angle, change by at least 45 degrees. Smaller changes in viewpoint do not necessarily produce the expected result – they only seem disturbing to the spectator.
6) Use clear audio – Whether it’s your first video or your tenth, remember that it can feel uncomfortable to get in front of the camera! Spend plenty of time to work early on the outline. You don’t have to memorize anything, be at ease with the content. This is why preparing a script and conducting a table read during the scripting process is so important.
7) Use video editing tools – Video effects are almost equal to photo filters. They look amazing when used correctly. Most smartphones and cameras offer several effects that make your videos elegant. You can also download a user-friendly app like InVideo, which is a video maker to try it out by yourself. This assistance for your youtube movies can be a very impressive toolset for your videos.
8) Sharing and Spreading Your Video – After the video is created, the next step is to share it with the public. The choice of platforms is based on the goals of your campaign. A great advantage of a video is that it is supported online and offline through different channels.
Follow the above guidelines and see how people love your work!