If you are not purely motivated by sport, but also by financial interest, you are probably wondering how to win by betting on basketball at the bookmakers. There are a number of conditions under which you can place basketball bets and succeed:
- A good knowledge of the rules of the game, the characteristics of the teams and athletes;
- Pre-match analysis and the use of basketball forecasts from experts;
- Ability to analyze the betting odds and line dynamics;
- Knowledge of the betting system for a particular sport;
- the development of a strategy.
NBA league games are the most exciting event in the world of basketball. The National Basketball Association (NBA) is a professional basketball league in North America. Basketball betting on NBA teams is popular all around the world. The organization currently has 30 teams. The NBA regular season runs from July through April each year, with a break in February for the All-Star Game. In the second part of April, there will be a play-off round.
Types of basketball bets- place basketball bets
If you’re aware of the many sorts of sports betting, you’ll have no trouble figuring out how to bet on basketball. The following are the most prevalent variations:
- On the result of the match, with or without overtime, or on the result of a quarter;
- Total and individual totals – the usual more and less, as well as total within a particular range, including totals on points, fouls, and free throws; – handicaps with a broad range;
- Quarter comparison – which quarter will have the highest or highest score for the game for one or both teams?
- Match-fixing is comparing matches between teams of the same level on the same matchday and predicting which team’s overall score or individual outcome will be greater.
- Long-term betting on basketball – betting on a team’s progression to the next stage of the tournament – long-term bets, of most interest in the NBA and Euroleague.
Basketball betting strategies
There are various prominent basketball betting approaches, with expert players employing multiple strategies while beginners should adhere to one.
- For total betting, the method is based on each team’s last 5 games and head-to-head encounters;
- Using a catch-up strategy, it is possible to bet on even or odd, or total more or less in a quarter;
- When a clear favorite and an underdog meet, a minimum bet on the underdog is placed before the match begins, and a larger bet on the favorite when the underdog is at its best. Although they do not guarantee large returns, these are nearly win-win basketball bets.
The best bookie for basketball betting
- High odds;
- A widespread that allows you to bet on different outcomes;
- Possibility to bet on basketball in live mode;
- Unreasonable margin;
- Bonuses, promotions.
Betway, in our opinion, is a strong representative of this area. Betway accepts wagers on over 50 different sports, including cybersports and winter sports. There is a broad choice of tournaments available, including unpopular leagues. Betway offers over 70 different odds on major basketball competitions. There is a large variety of statistics bets available (cards, goals, offsides, goals and crosses, and so on).
Basketball top history persons
Shaquille O’Neal is one of the most dominant centers in NBA history. In addition to
winning four titles, he’s won the season MVP award, won the NBA Finals MVP
three times and appeared in the All-Star Game 15 times. He was a member of the
U.S. National Team, where he won the World Championship and the Olympic Games.
LeBron James is a four-time NBA champion, four-time NBA Finals MVP, four-time NBA MVP, four-time NBA Most Valuable Player, most productive regular-season player and
Rookie of the Year. He was named to the NBA All-Star First Team 13 times,
Second Team twice, Third Team once, Defensive All-Star First Team five times,
and All-Star Game 16 times where he was named Most Valuable Player three times.